Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reality Bites

Reader Alert: I'm really bummed out about a lot of things right now so potential downer ahead....

Not to sound overly-dramatic (which I NEVER am), but sometimes you come to a point in your life where you ask yourself "why bother?" I have to leave for Vegas today for a business trip, which normally would thrill me to death, yet nothing has been going right these past couple of days. The dog died, which has caused me to walk around feeling like a little part of my heart has been ripped out, my husband is totally stressed and frustrated about not being able to finish his Private Pilot liscence, which the rain and now my trip,are preventing, the kids are...well the kids are actually fine but they're 2 and 5 and SOOO much work, and my job has been super busy lately - working nights, weekends, now travelling for 5 days...and for what? We never seem to have any extra money laying around, this isn't a job I'm particularly thrilled about, we have no family support around and our only real close friends are moving in August (which I'm actually thrilled about because I love Jill and want her to be happy too). I just wonder sometimes why we all kill ourselves for money and jobs when neither seem to bring alot of us an abundance of happiness. I know, I know, life costs a ton of money and if you have kids you gotta work and suck it up, but it's defeating sometimes when I can't make everything OK. There are no easy answers out there and I guess we just need to find something that makes us happy and not get so wrapped up in the rest of it. If I can get rid of the guilt that constantly nags every working mom maybe someday I'll find the time to seek out that certain something too.

1 comment:

Maria said...

We are SOOOO sorry about Hudson.

You really did deserve a getaway, especially after a weekend of shower-free camping!

We'd love to have you guys over when you get back.

Maria
(Brett & Casey's mom)