Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Crap-tastic Garage Sale



We're thinking about having a garage sale - or at the very least, piggy-backing on our friends' garage sale and throwing our stuff into the mix. The problem is...all of our stuff taking up our basement space is total crap (see above). Old moldy clothes, worn out shoes, text books from university, broken computer parts...all jammed into rows of boxes with no thought or organization at all put inro the process. You know what the really sad thing is? We have been hauling this caravan of crap from home to home to home for almost 10 years now. From our humble beginnings in Toronto, to Portland, Oregon, then to Wichita Kansas six years later, we actually pay movers hundreds of dollars to move this garbage. Why do we do this? God knows I'll never have a hankering to crack open James Joyce, and I know Eugene won't be wearing those old canvas Vans circa 1999. I think in the end it's pure laziness. We've been in Kansas for almost 3 years now and I have yet to sift through them for any token items of sentiment that I'd want to keep. I'll have to do this at some point, but for now, the crap remains.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't throw away my Star Wars action figures still in their original packaging...could be worth money some day...

Anonymous said...

Well said.