Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We will miss you Hudson



Our dog Hudson passed away last night. He was sick for a week and just never got any better. The Vet couldn't really find anything that wrong with him when I took him in last Friday, and the bloodwork didn't reveal anything alarming. We were up with him last night as he laid in his doghouse with his pillow and took his last breaths. He died very peacefully at home with the family. Hudson was a huge part of our family for 10 years - he was part of the Hudson / Chewie Duo (the 2 looked like identical twins) that were our first kids. He was the rambunctious half of the duo and never ceased to cause us endless headaches with his michevious nature - I worry how Chewie's going to react to being alone - that's going to be hard. Smart, stubborn, and charismatic- a true Husky that Euge and I eagerly took on with all our naivety. We went thtough 10 years of escapades with this dog, including, but not limited to:

- chasing him through a Toronto park while he ran gleefully through a Preschool field-trip class with a dead squirrel hanging out of his mouth.

- Being brought home in a cop car - more than once

- Finding him hanging out on the couch in a tennis court clubhouse surrounded by kids.

- Wedging himself into a Cocker-Spaniel's dog bed during a camping trip and claiming it as his own.

- His way of "talking to you" to tell you the dog dish needs water ("whoo-whoo" and kicking the dish at you).

- Being found wandering the aisles at the local Grocery Store.

- Finding him standing up on his hind legs peering into a car's open window at the ATM bank machine across the street.

Man, that dog was a handful, but he made me smile like no other. He had a lot of patience with our kids and loved to push his head up under my chin and nibble my ear. He had a way about him that made him more like a big cat than a dog. I will truly miss him but also smile when I think of his antics and count my blessings we were able to have him in our lives for a decade. RIP Hudson, we will all miss you and always love you.

3 comments:

chitknit said...

So sorry, Stace. Even though he liked to push me down whenever I came in your door, he was most definitely a cool dog. The Chittums will miss him, too.

Anonymous said...

You can't forget peeing on Cory Eichinger's bed to establish dominance over him. God bless you, Hudson. I'll miss you.

Eugene

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your dog Stacey. I know it hurts!!! He was a part of your family take time to grieve. Jen