Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blogger's Block



I know I know...bad blogger....BAAAAD blogger...This is a great examploe of putting too much pressure on myself. I was so set to re-vamp the tired old blog, to launch the New, Improved "Dot on the Map"...To incorporate a constant theme....That I instead became overwhelmed and did nothing. Then I realized:

No one reads this stupid blog but me (oh and Jennifer - Sorry Jen!!).

My life just ISN'T that interesting.


I really don't have the time or energy needed to make this a must-read


So...if you like random thoughts, stupid pictures and random postings, this is the place for you!


Things I thought to write about this past weekend:


Web Videos: I happened to teach a series a video production workshops to our newspaper, and know that all the papers and TV news sites are jumping on the "must have video on our site" bandwagon. But I realized over the weekend that the vast majority of us still use the internet to 1. read gossip (MSN's most clicked heading), 2. watch STUPID videos, 3. find out if that icky-looking rash is really leprosy or not (God bless webMD).

Kansas State Fair: Check out the pics above. OK, word of advice to the Kansas Tourism Bureau: do NOT, I repeat NOT use the fair to profile how culturally enriched Kansas is. All I can say is 6 teeth per family (my facebook page has a great video of the pig races if you're interested).

My son and my bum: He loves it, I don't know how to handle the obsession. He'll hit it, hide behind it, laugh at it, what's the deal? I happen to think I have a pretty great booty myself - is it wrong to be flattered? Five is a very obnoxious age.

Cheap Green Tip of the Day: fill big water bottles and put them in the back of your toilet - it costs nothing, takes 15 minutes and will save you gallons of water every day.

Stay Tuned for more fascinating random thoughts!!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I'm glad you're back. I've missed your blog!

chitknit said...

HEY!
I read your blog too!

JILL

Kathryn said...

I read your blog and have missed your journals. What happened in Canada? I would love to hear about your vacation!