Tuesday, September 25, 2007

b-day weekend

As far as over-30 birthdays go, this was a pretty good b-day weekend. Ran the Wichita half-marathon (started feeling the blisters that now cover my right foot at mile 6 so that was not too much fun), had brunch at Ben and Sam's (AWESOME food - like "I can't believe my luck at be-friending gourmet chefs" food), and went out for Japanese steak house last night (the kids LOVE it). We were supposed to go up for a flight with Euge but the winds were really strong and sitting on the runway in that rinky-dink plane, my gut just felt uneasy. I looked over at Eugene and I could tell he was torn about what to do. The winds were really borderline "too strong to fly" but that plane was rocking pretty good and we were still on the ground! After a few minutes and checking the weather again he looked over and said "I just don't feel comfortable". He made a good call as the "Pilot in Command" - I was pretty proud of him and really relieved this birthday wouldn't potentially be my last! haha.



running...and running....


Finishing at last!!



Behaving ourselves at the Japanese steak house


The chef putting on the show


Catch the Shrimp!


Where did it go??

No comments: