Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer Time!!




Wow - I can't believe summer is upon us. Here in Kansas we've had such a wet Spring that it hardly seems real that it's almost the end of June - normally I'd be peeling the clothes away from my skin it's so hot and humid here (the first time I visited Wichita I wondered how anyone could have decent hair.) As you may have already gleemed from previous posts, I'm a hyper goal-oriented person that needs constant and ever-changing tasks to stay amused. Yes, it's a throwback to a childhood filled with a TV for a babysitter, a real dutch babysitter that would feed us milky, sweet coffee and sugar sandwiches for snack (mmmm...sugar...), and an unstable adolesence to say the least (we won't even go there). Anyhooo... I'm not going to use excuses for being a little crazy but instead embrace the fact that I'm always up for trying something new, look forward to challenges, and have a lot of positive energy to keep up with my darling (ahem ahem) children, husband and job.

So..Summer Goals?

- Read a couple of great books - Nothing inspires me like reading about someone else's adventure through life and having a life-altering experience that makes them a changed, but better person - I'm open to suggestions.

- Watch a couple of great documentaries - again, open to suggestions

- Take the fam. to Oceans of Fun in Kansas City - our family LOVES waterparks

- Become involved in our local film commission - it hosts our annual film festival (http://www.tallgrassfilmfest.com/) that is growing every year and it's a great opportunity to meet more film and video folks.

- Learn to relax more and enjoy the moment.

- Do something video-related every day - I need to hone my craft (which is also my passion and fules creativity and happiness).

- Go on more dates with my husband - sometimes the ones dearest to us are the ones we take for granted the most.

- Get the family to try more new things - there are a lot of cool things happening in Wichita (which I learn about thanks to my newspaper and online news site (www.kansas.com). Every weekend is filled with free, fun and interesting things to do. I'm really commited to getting out and supporting local efforts at revitalizing our downtown area.

- not over-plan and over-goal.

yay for summer!!

No comments: