Monday, June 18, 2007

My little Scientist

I hate to hurt the feelings of all you parents out there but I have to be honest - my son is the smartest kid in the world. The sooner everyone accepts this, the better off we'll all be. Honestly though, I was pretty amazed at him yesterday. After an elaborate treasure hunt my husband concocted (yes, we are those types of parents - crazy), Joshua was allowed to cash in the jar of coins he found and spend them any way he wanted at Toys R Us. Of all the things he saw and could have, he decided on a Junior Scientist kit. Needless to say I was a little surprised - and humbled. This is not MY child. I would have straight for the mini-trampoline and spent the entire summer perfecting my front flip and breaking my back. Eugene, on the other hand, was thrilled with the science kit and told me how jealous he was of his brother's when he was small. They spent 2 hours making "experiments" last night while I cleaned the house (nice eh?). Oh well, there's always Genevieve - she's bossy, over-zealous, loud, and has absolutely zero attention span - come to think of it, she IS my child!!

No comments: