Monday, April 2, 2007

Tanning



I think the Us magazine I read over the weekend went to my head, but seeing all those celebs with their sun-kissed cheeks and healthy-looking skin got to me. See, I'm going to Las Vegas in 6 weeks with my sister (who is my favorite chick in the world and the funnest person I could imagine going to Vegas with) and I need some ammo if I'm going to be lounging aroung the pool in a 2-piece. You know the old adage "if you can't hide it, tan it." So I head over to the tanning salon around the corner during my lunch break. Now, I haven't been in a tanning bed since I was 11 and my mom owned one in her shop - we went to Florida during Spring Break and my mom believed that a couple a sessions before we left would develop "a good base" and help prevent major burns (I still burnt). And I'm a natural fair skinned red-head. I admit I'm envious of my husband and kids's skin (Eugene's Philippino - Canadian) - why should they always get to look like they've just been in the south pacific surfing when I look like I've been locked in the basement for 9 months straight? So...I walk into the tanning salon and am greeted by a super-tanned brunette. she proceeds to show me around and describe the various tanning beds - the high-tech ones all look like neon-glowing alien pods. I nod along in ignorance and then look at the tanning "menu" - Super-tan girl really recommends the "Beach baby" package - for $60 a month you get unlimited tanning - all you do is sign an easy 12-month contract with automatic bankdraft!! I smile sweetly and tell her that I want to have a little "color" when I get to Vegas, not look like I've been dipped in a Turkey Deep Fryer. So, I'll try a free session on Friday and let you know how it goes one question though- Do you wear underwear? I don't want to term "firecrotch" to be literal. ouch...

1 comment:

chitknit said...

Adam wears boxers when he goes. You could wear your swim bottoms...

You're going over to the Dark Side. (Literally and figuratively!)