Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lost on an island...

Lost is on tonight...You know life is getting pretttttyyy Laaamme when this is the highlight of the week. I don't watch a lot of TV so the fact that I got sucked into the show from the start and still watch it is an accomplishment (adult ADD alert). The best part is that Euge and I both love it - how often do couples agree on a show they like?

The show deals with a lot of issues that transcend into real life - there's no real "good" or "evil" people (yes, Mr. Bush, it's true), there are no "happy endings" at the end of every show, people can be selfish and mean and then change, or vice versa, and sometimes survival is the only thing that really matters - even if it's just clinging to a dim hope or memory of past happiness to get you through the day.

Living in the States can be hard - you're bombarded with paranoia, greed, war, incompetant conservative windbag (OK... I've got to stop) leaders who think they know what's best for the rest of the world, random shootings that kill college kids, and now we have the fact that the environment is going to hell in a handbasket to contend with. Why in the world would we choose to live here? Trust me, I watch Lost every week, and that island looks better and better - there's no money, pollution, computers (wow, they MUST have a lot of free time), cell phones, birthday parties, bad bosses, and People Magazines (it's like a car crash...I can't look away!!). If I could escape my problems and live on an island commune-style with my family and friends for a year, I'd take it! (I'd take the black smoke monster any day over some of my co-workers).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...did somebody say "cookie?"
Love your blog!

Euge