Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter O.D.




This Easter wasn't the same with Euge in the Philippines - it is SO far away and I haven't heard from him in like 3 days (I envision him riding one of those crazy-looking Jeepnie bus-thingies through villages with lots of fumes and noise and general overcrowded merriment). In an effort to make Easter OK for the kids I bought them presents, chocolate, candy, an ice-cream cake and the obligatory Easter clothes for church. I had our friends Adam and Jill over for brunch (see picture), who we all love and are so grateful to have. See in Kansas, most people have their immediate and extended families here - there aren't a lot of translplants like us here (go figure) so the family-as-friends clan that you find in bigger cities doesn't really apply here. Adam and Jill don't have immediate family here either AND they are very cool. They also brought over their friend Langston who I immediately liked because he offered to walk the dogs - gotta love someone who's willing to work for food!! We had a great meal and lots of mimosa's and chocolate and by the time everyone left the kids and I passed out (ahem...I mean "napped") for a good 2 hours...gotta love the true meaning of Easter: Eat/Drink,Pray,and Love.

No comments: