Thursday, April 12, 2007

FaceBook

I discovered Facebook about a month ago - man what a mistake. This little gem must be responsible for a nosedive in productivity for companies across the world (case in point I'm at work right now!!). You can find people that you haven't spoken to in years and Bam! there they are, with all their info right there for you to pry into. There's photo albums, thoughts, postings, and, of course the best part - all their "friends" who you might know and can invite to to be "your friend" too and on and on and all of a sudden you've got this re-incarnated world of people you knew throughout your life and you're all together again and...it's really cool but really weird too. You start getting invites from people you don't remember knowing at all, and then you start becoming obsessed with finding everyone and anyone you ever knew (not me of course - I'm way too cool for that). There's suddenly no point communicating with real people at all- all your "friends" are right there - you get updates when someone's written on your wall, updated their photo album, altered their preferences, became friends with someone else - and they get the same when you update your site (how can I change my musical preferences without everyone knowing and thinking I must be doing it to look hipper when it's true!!!). I need to take a little break from this craziness.... right after I search for a long lost friend who still owes me money!!

No comments: