Friday, April 6, 2007

The Kids




I thought it's about time I pay homage to my kiddos, Joshua and Genevieve. My husband's in the Philippines for 2 weeks and whenever he travels I find myself growing very close with my kids. We endure more frustration and chaos together due to me being more rushed and disorganized than usual, but we also cuddle more and I usually let them away with more than normal (SpongeBob during the week, 2 desserts after dinner, guilt toys). I love them more than I could have ever imagined loving anything (sorry dogs), and all of us have become a tight little unit out here alone in the middle of the country. I constantly worry about how they're doing and will draw blood on anyone that harms them (that includes the little 2-year old that shoved Genevieve off the jungle gym a couple of weeks ago - I swear Euge had to hold me back). Euge is also a great dad and his presence is really missed when he's away. In thinking of what direction my life will take in the future, they are always at the forefront and it's impossible to seperate the two. Here's to kids and all that they teach us:
- There are "Big Deals" and "Little Deals" - decide which one is which and act accordingly.
- Having Superpowers is an attainable goal and career choice.
- Elmo is God
- Taking baths and pooping detract from playtime and should be avoided at all cost
- Milk is to be spilled at least once a day
- Learn what compliments work and use them in times of hostility - "mommy I know I shouldn't have emptied out the pepper grinder all over the kitchen table but you're hair is so pretty and I love your flowers."
- If you can make me laugh, you're the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Alyson