Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wanted: Friends

I was just sifting through some facebook pics and blogs of people I know and made an unsettling discovery - I am devoid of a "friend clan". See, being a transplant, having 2 kids, working full-time and volunteering extra tiome with media-related undertakings (Visioneering, film fest, etc) is great for my career life, but has done nothing for my social life. In Oregon, Eugene and I had an awesome pseudo-family of friends - they were all transplants too, all had little kids, and were all liberal "screw the system" hipsters. We all had little kids, celebrated holidays and birthdays together and just had a blast hanging out. God, I didn't realize how much I missed that until now. I'm a super-social person - but I don't think I've set aside the time and energy neccessary to invest in any meaningful relationships with people here (the one I did have moved away - damn you Jil!!) - especially other couples with small children, and I admit, it's kind of lonely. So, I'm being proactive and putting out a call for entries - if you are fun-loving, fairly liberal (sorry, bush-lovers not allowed), have or like small humanoids, and enjoy get togethers at various places around town - we're in!!

No comments: